Simply a monster in size and power, the AE1200P is our biggest model of Amphibex. Designed to perform the most demanding tasks and large jobs, our AE1200P is unbeatable. With its unparalleled pumping capacity, this dredger propels both liquid and solid waste to incredible strength and distance through its 30-inch diameter outlet pipe. Despite its size, the AE1200P moves at an impressive speed and is just as eco-responsible as the other dredger models in the Amphibex series.
Max. length: 18.3 m (60')
Transport width: 4.3m (14') Main section.
Side Floats width: 2.13m (7')
Speed: (approx.) 5 to 8 knots
ENGINE: DIESEL CATERPILLAR C32
Power max: 1350 bhp (1007 kilowatts)
Fuel tank: 6000 L (1585 gal)
Excavation radius: 15m (50') on 150°
Maximum discharge height: 10.3m (33’ 10")
- Conventional bucket and variable speed hydraulic bucket-pump
- Horizontal cutter for conduits SAE 750 (30'')
- 3 m (9' 10'') wide rake
- Compact propulsion system composed of 2 hydraulic engines with propellers
- Power-assisted steering
- Hydraulic vertical control
- The maximum length of the Amphibex AE1200P is 18.3m (60') and its maximum width is 8.53m (28'). Its resistant hull is divided into thirteen sealed compartments.
- The Amphibex AE1200P can sail at 5 to 8 knots.
- The Maximum dredging depth of 11.7m (38' 6'') with conical dredge head.
- It can reach an excavation depth of 10.2m (34' 5'') in a 12m (39' 4'') maximum radius of 150 degrees.
- The maximum discharge height is 10.3m (33' 10'')
- Its engine, a diesel Caterpillar C32 model with V-12 4-strokes-Cycle Diesel, generates 1350 bhp (1007 kilowatts). The capacity of the diesel tank is 6000 L (1585 Gal).
The air-conditioned Amphibex cabin offers all the comfort and visibility necessary for the operation of the amphibious general purpose excavator during long hours. The ergonomic position of the various manipulation arms of the hydraulic controls and GPS navigation system contribute to make the work of the operator comfortable and simple.
In addition, the seat and controllers can move from the left to the right of the cabin to facilitate the visibility and manoeuverability during work near structures.
The C32 Caterpillar engine
Equipped with Caterpillar C32 diesel engine with 1350 hp, the Amphibex AE1200P general purpose dredge has all the power necessary to execute its tasks. Caterpillar has also worked with Normrock to develop a robust transmission second to none in performance.
Stabilizers and floats
The front stabilizers (with or without floats) and rear spuds both have adjustable and tilting capabilties.
The Amphibex AE1200P has all the mobility necessary to move on land and water. These items give it the necessary balance to operate effectively on all kinds of water systems.
Conceived to have maximum power with minimal disturbance, the Amphibex AE1200P propulsion system has achieved its goals. It can sail at 5 to 8 knots and is set above the water and its shallow propeller protects marine vegetation and avoids moving the sediment layers deposited at the bottom of the bodies of water.
The Amphibex AE1200P positioning system can be fitted with very sophisticated GPS positioning, particularly useful when pumping contaminated sediments. Day or night, these systems are used to precisely determine where the amphibious excavator should be.
In addition, for work requiring a greater degree of accuracy, Amphibex can be equipped with Real Time positioning (RTK) equipment, a very precise tool.